Ms. Ankah’s graduated in dance (Merce Cunningham Studio) and in improvisation (Upright Citizen’s Brigade). A resident of New York since 2000, she has honed her craft in various art forms and is well-versed at fusing methodologies and leading a collaborative team. She has directed numerous commercials, specializing in luxury products and internet branding. Her experience stems from collaborating with top ad agencies as the voice of leading luxury brands.
Her work as a filmmaker has been shown at the Cannes Film Festival (Le Maréchal et L’Astragale), in San Diego during Comicon, and at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (Terrain Razzari, writer/producer). In 2009, she started producing the webisode “Life with Flow,” which is being revamped this year in 3D. She writes about experimental films on www.thelittlemovie.com.
Founder and artistic director of Simple Production, she has choreographed experimental works at Dixon Place, Movement Research at the Judson Church, the Merce Cunningham Studio, the Aabrons Arts Center and the HERE Arts Center. In her experimental films, the camera is breathing and becomes its own character. She is currently working on a feature documentary about a handful of elderly in South-East France where Flo is from, about their memories from the war when they were children, and their love stories.
Boudoir Chit-Chat, Trailer
Currently playing at festivals, running time: 14mins
- ONE WAY – Best experimental film
Big Apple Film Festival, New York City
- Waterfront Access? – Golden Reel award, Best Dance Film
Tiburon International Film Festival, California
- Silo Residency – DancenowNYC, 2008
- FAR Space Residency – The Field, 2006
- Merce Cunningham Studio – Merit scholarship
- Conseil Général de l’Isère – Modern Dance scholarship
- Bourse AFFDU (International Federation of University Women) – Modern Dance scholarship
- Défi-Jeunes, photographic exhibit – French government